My 2015 Personal Balanced Scorecard
Every year I try to assess my lifestyle, and determine the specific actions I want to take to improve certain elements of my life. Those assessments lead to my annual personal balanced scorecard. This is my third year completing a personal balanced scorecard, and I feel like each year I design something a little better. And each year, I hold myself to my goals a little more tightly.
I’m hoping this year I’ll be able to actually reach the health goals I’ve been working towards for too long now. Weigh is a piece of that, but not the entire focus.
Alright, here goes:
– read – 1 book per month :: (can coincide with prof/relationships)
– blogs – write 2x monthly personally :: #
– meditate – for 15 min daily :: #
– Rss – marketing gold cleared out daily
– weight – 2/1:275, 4/1:250, 6/1:235
– fitness – 30 min active p/ day #
– fitness – 10k steps p/ day
– therapy – stretch/exercise back 20 min p/ day #
– prayer – morning and night
– meditation – 15 min daily ::
– fun – video games or movie once a week
– wife – dedicate 15 min to talking every night
– son – play with for 15 min every night
– son – email monthly update
– daughter – read with/talk to for 20 min every night
– daughter – email monthly update
– empathy – read 1 non-fiction book quarterly ::
1 – pay off cc debt
2 – emergency fund reach $15k
3 – save $3k for Disney trip
– blog – write 2x professional monthly :: #
– read – marketing gold blog roll daily ::
– read – 1 business book per quarter ::
– vlog – record 2 blogs per month #
– gamecast (video game podcast) – record 4 gamecasts per month #
:: same action covers multiple facets
# action can be scheduled for habit/tracking
I’ll likely edit these through the year based on changes in my environment, and potential other factors that could limit or open up opportunities. I’ll be checking in monthly to determine how I’m tracking related to these goals as well. This year I plan to hold myself publicly accountable on here as well, posting my progress along the way. Hoping that turns into a motivator for me.
So that’s what’s new. Do you do anything like this? What of my list do you like or dislike? Let me know in the comments!